A critical study on the controversy surrounding the six fasts of Shawwāl from a ḥadīth and jurisprudential perspective. The treatise highlights the authentication of the ḥadīth transmitted in Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim by more than twenty experts and the endorsement of the practice by more than fifty scholars.
“This work provides a comprehensive detailed analysis of the status of the fasts. It is very structured in its approach to the subject matter and heavily draws on transmitted material, the understandings of the Sunni schools of fiqh and a broad range of opinions as evidence in order to present a coherent summary and deductive summation.” (Dr Mahmood Chandia, University of Central Lancashire)
“A valuable collection of information from Aḥādīth as well as all the four schools of jurisprudence. This work will, Allah Taʿālā willing, quell the doubts of many with regards to the significance of these fasts. Mawlānā has also prepared the answers to several pertinent questions relating to this topic towards the end of the book.” (Shaykh Shabbier Ahmed Saloojee, Darul Uloom Zakariyya Lenasia, South Africa)
“A very valuable treatise.” (Mufti Abdul-Samad Ahmed, Jamiatul Ilm Wal-Huda, Blackburn)
“Despite the difference of opinion with regards to the six fasts of Shawwāl, there are sufficient proofs for it as outlined in this book compiled by my beloved colleague Mawlānā Yusuf.” (Mufti Muhammad Tahir Wadi, Darul Uloom Bury)
“A comprehensive insight into the subject matter, through extensive research into the relative aḥādīth, as well as a detailed assessment of the opinions of the four main schools of Islamic jurisprudence.” (Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat, Islamic Dawah Academy, Leicester)
- Title: An Expositive Treatise on the Six Fasts of Shawwāl
- Cover: Paperback
- Author: Shaykh Yusuf Shabbir
- Publisher: Nawadir Publishers
- Pages: 116
- Size: 14cm x 22cm
- Cost: £4.50 (Discounts are available on large orders)
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A COPY?
- Azhar Academy Ltd, 54-68 Little Ilford Lane, Manor Park London E12 5QA. T: 02089119797. Click here to purchase online.
- World of Knowledge, 49 Whalley Range, Blackburn BB1 6EA. T: 07999268080.
- The Ummah Shop, 11 Whalley Range, Blackburn BB1 6DX. T: 01254674596.
- Madina Academy, 1 Swindon Road, Dewsbury WF13 2PA. T: 07973765203.
- The Islamic Establishment Ltd, 68 Asfordby Street, Leicester LE5 3QG. T: 01162127084.
Alternatively, contact us if you wish to place an order.