Malawi Marriage Query
In Malawi, the indigenous local Muslims have a traditional marriage, which begins with a man and a woman who decide to marry each other and they inform their families. Once the families agree, they appoint one witness from each side. The witness will lead and formally propose to the girl’s family, a date will be agreed and the two families will unite the bride and groom in a traditional marriage. Continue reading
Nikāḥ and Civil Marriage
(1) Is it necessary to undertake a civil marriage once the Nikāḥ is conducted?
(2) Is it permissible to undertake a civil marriage once the Nikāḥ is conducted? Is it better to do so?
(3) Is a civil marriage ceremony sufficient from an Islamic perspective?
What is the Islamic perspective on secret marriages?
Nikāḥ in the Masjid and on Friday
(1) What is the position of the four schools of thought regarding Nikāḥ in the Masjid?
(2) Is it preferable to perform Nikāḥ on Friday?