When was Sūrah al-Nāṣr revealed?
When was Sūrah al-Naṣr (the Divine Assistance) revealed?
A detailed document regarding the prohibition of publishing a translation of the Qur’an without the Arabic text.
Click on the following link to download: can-quran-translation-be-published-without-the-arabic-text-dec-2016
The document includes:
- The initial Fatwā.
- Addendum with the answers to 12 subsequent questions.
- List of 31 signatories from Bangladesh, Canada, India, Pakistan, South Africa, and the UK.
- Fatāwā of Nadwatul Ulama (Lucknow, India), Jamia Islamia Ishaatul Uloom (Akkalkuwa, India), Jamia Farooqia (Karachi, Pakistan), Jamia Othmania (Peshawar, Pakistan) and Darul Uloom Zakaria (South Africa).
- Excerpts from the works of Mawlānā Ẓafar Aḥmad ʿUthmānī (d. 1394/1974), Mufti Muḥammad Shafīʿ ʿUthmānī (d. 1396/1976) and Muftī Saʿīd Aḥmad Pālanpūrī (b. 1362/1942 – ).
- The Indian Fiqh Academy (IFA) resolution from the March 2015 convention; the resolutions also touch upon the status of transliterating the Qurʾān and Braille Qurʾān.